Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Junk Food and Dirty Floors

Wow! That week flew by like an express train! October's already 1/4 over and I'm still mentally in September. Not a good sign!
Sometimes I wish I could stop time. That'd be so cool to be able to freeze the rest of the world for an hour or two (or three or four days) while I catch up on everything. Of course, there'd be a downside. I'd be more tired than I should be, and older too!
I guess it's a good thing I can't freeze time. I'd abuse the privilege. I'm sure of it since I abuse many of my privileges anyway.
I'm an adult who works at home most of the time, so I have a lot more freedom over my own schedule than most people do.
I can eat whatever I want and I usually eat junk food, fried foods or sweets because they taste so good.
I can go for a walk to get some exercise, but I pretty much always find an excuse not to.
I can vacuum the floors or scrub the toilets almost anytime, but I eye them and decide they're not so bad.
It's funny how often I judge my week based on the things I didn't do or could've done better rather than the things I did accomplish. Sure I didn't get everything done I could have, but I did accomplish a lot of important things. When it comes right down to it, is the cleanliness of your floor as important as the cleanliness of your heart, is the health of your body as critical as the health of your spirit?
Now, I'm not trying to say that my spirit is perfect, but I do 'vacuum' it regularly when I go to the Lord in prayer. I exercise it through my relationships and feed it with the Word of God.
In 1 Timothy 4:8, Paul said that while physical training has some value, spiritual training has greater value. So when I look back on a week and know that I got in some good spiritual training, I can count it a win-week. Someday I'll get back to a season when I can get better physical exercise in my week as well.
Until then, I'll keep at the spiritual training. It'll help get the physical under control.
But I really should stop eating so much junk food!

No comments:

Post a Comment